Asteroid Spacecraft Missions
A number of asteroid-related space mission have objectives and data that can be tied into observational project.
- NEAR (NASA): image mission; completed, data available online
- Deep Impact
- Hayabusa (Japan)—sample return mission; currently flying
- DAWN (NASA)—image mission to Ceres, Vesta, in development
- Don Quijote (ESA)—Deep Impact-like mission to NEO with impactor and orbiter to record before and after impact, in development
http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEML9B8X9DE_index_0.html (announcement, not home page)
- WISE: wide-field infrared explorer survey mission, in development (NOAO is a EPO team member on this mission.) Will map entire sky at IR wavelengths.